Monday, May 23, 2011

Caleb and Sarah

First, I'm sorry about not blogging yesterday. My internet was out all evening and I just quit trying to log on after about 9pm :(

Second, I need to tell you what happened to me today. This evening, as I was getting home from work and just getting out of my car, this big creeper conversion van pulls in really fast behind me and totally blocks my driveway. My first thought was, "Crap, it's the freakin' Dog Warden!" But, then, this middle-aged balding man, wearing a light blue polo shirt, jean shorts, and white socks with brown loafers gets out and says, "Ma'am, do you have a moment." And, it was at that moment that I spotted a cross hanging from his rear view mirror. Oh God, I know what this is. People spreading the Word. Grreeaattt. So, begrudgingly, I said, "Ah, yeah, I have a second."

He jumps out, says, "Hang on, please. Just hang on. We're trying to hit this block today," and runs around to the side of the van and I can hear him saying, "Get out! Hurry! She's right there!" At that point, I kinda got a little scared, because I was pretty sure these people were going to kidnap and torture me until I broke down and said I would read the Bible with them. But, instead of a bunch of Christians with Jesus masks and loaded guns, a little boy and girl run up to me:

BOY: "Hi, I'm Caleb and I'm 7. I'm inviting you to come worship with me on Sunday." (Caleb then hands me a flyer ... about Love.)


Now, it's the girl's turn to speak:

GIRL: "Hi, I'm Sarah and I'm 10. I can't wait to see you on Sunday." (Sarah gives me a magnet with a picture of the church I'm supposed to go to.)


Caleb and Sarah proceed to run back to the creeper van. The middle-aged balding man says, "Thanks for being patient," and gets in his van and speeds off. This entire event took less than 30 seconds!

I loved every minute of it. I was thinking I was going to be spending at least 20 minutes trying to come up with every excuse available as to why I don't go to church or read the Bible and these people didn't even care! They just wanted to spread the Word and get the hell out.

I love Chauncelot Christians!

No comments: