Saturday, January 22, 2011

Road Ragers

Apparently I'm a bad driver.

I never thought I was until this past week. On Monday, I was driving behind this car when suddenly the guy pulls to the side of the road, rolls down his window, flips me off and screams something at me as I drive past. Okkkaaayyyy. I thought maybe the guy was just having a bad day or something. I didn't think anything of it, until Wednesday when basically the same thing happened, except instead of just flipping me off this guy is also frantically waving his hands for me to pass him. Well, it was more like a "GET THE HELL IN FRONT OF ME THEN" kind of waving.

Um. Is this a coincidence?

At the time I decided it was. Definitely a coincidence. Just two different people having a bad day and decided to take it out on me.

But, then ...

It happened again today. THE THIRD TIME IN A WEEK! I made some other driver angry. Again, I was following them and they pull to the side and scream, swear, and flip me off.

WHAT. THE. BAJESUS.

So, then at dinner tonight I ask both Mason and the kid if I drive too closely behind people. And, without missing a nanosecond they both say "YESSSSSS!"

OMG.

I'm an unconscious tail-gater. I seriously don't mean to do that. Apparently, I don't even realize I am doing it!! But, I must be really bad about it for three people in one week's time period to become so incensed with me they had to pull off the road.

To tell you the truth, I'm a little scared to drive now. If I don't even realize the extent of my tail-gating, what other horrible driving things might I be doing????? Yikers.

Anyway, I've officially joined the Bad Driver Club. Yay me. Just remember me the next time someone is tail gating you, 'cause when you flip them off and they have this look of utter confusion like, "What I'd do? Why you picking on me?" ... maybe, just maybe, they have an unconscious tail-gating problem ...

Forgive them and drive on.

No comments: