Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday, but my Sunday

Sorry for not posting last night. Sadly, the power went out at my house and instead of sitting in the cold and dark we decided to go see a movie. I didn't get back until late and, at that point, all I could think about was MY BED!!!

The movie we saw last night was Black Swan. Even though I found it predictable, I really liked it. Darren Aronofsky is one of my favorite directors ... He's directed movies like The Wrestler, Requiem for a Dream, and The Fountain. I find that watching his movies are liking watching real life situations, the actors don't seem to be acting. He's amazing. Anyway, I loved Natalie Portman in this movie, but I usually love her ... I also loved the ballet scenes, which is odd because I hate ballet. The movie actually made me want to go see a production of Swan Lake. Totally weird, I know. The worst part of the movie was all the popcorn and mini snickers bars I ate. Major failure on the diet front. (Oops.) Overall, though, I found Black Swan to be a good movie and was very happy I went to see it!

Today, I've been hanging out doing a whole lotta nothing!! Oh - I did bake some yummy vegan doughnuts thanks to Angela's recipe over at Oh She Glows ....


Wait ... those don't look like doughnuts to you? Yeah, well, I kinda failed in my ability to shape them like doughnuts so I gave up and made them into cupcakes instead. They were still super delish!

Tonight, my plans also include a whole lotta nothing as well as trying to combat my "back to work tomorrow" blues. Ugh!

No comments: