Tuesday, January 4, 2011

How Auto-Correct Ruined My Life

Errrrrrrr ...

I totally screwed up today and I'm really freakin' embarrassed.

If any of you have an iPhone then you know that it often auto-corrects the words you're typing. Basically, the iPhone thinks it can read your freakin' mind and will suggest a word and unless you stop it, it will change to the auto-correct word. This feature is sometimes useful for me, sometimes annoying, but today it iFailed me BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the sitch: I was emailing the kid's English teacher on my iPhone. I finished typing, pressed send, and that's when .... I SAW IT. I saw the freakin' auto-correct. I was horrified. No, really. I was HORROR-fied.

My iPhone auto-corrected his teacher's last name and I didn't catch it until it was too late.

It auto-corrected her name to MEMBRANE.

Can you effin' believe that?????

MEMBRANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just sent an email to his teacher that starts out with "Hi Ms. Membrane." Her name isn't even remotely close to the word membrane ... it doesn't even start with an "m"!

(&$%#!)

After I saw what I had done, I literally fell down on the living room floor and just laid there ... completely and utterly mortified.

I ended up sending her another email saying, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. My phone auto-corrected your last name and I didn't catch it until it was too late. Please accept my apology for the previous email!!"

Jesus H, man.

I'm hoping she doesn't get offended and understands what happened. But, with my luck, she's probably uptight and psycho and will punish the kid because his step-mom called her Ms. Membrane.

(&$%#!)

I officially hate auto-correct!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Self-important dumbass.