Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dear Son,


So, the other kid is currently at bootcamp in Parris Island, South Carolina. He's been there since the end of November and will be graduating at the end of February. I write him a letter every day. I force ask Mason to write him once a week. And, each week we pretty much have the same conversation about writing a letter ...

Me: Write a letter tonight, OK?

Mason: About what? Nothin' new happened this week.

Me: Who cares!!! Just write a freakin' letter.

I've never read Mason's letters before, but I think I'm gonna have to start because they're ... ummm ... interesting. Here's the one I found on the kitchen table tonight:

Hey Mike,

I have really nothing to tell you that’s new so I’m doing my best. I go to work everyday, stuff happens, I come home, watch some t.v. and pass out. I’m boring as hell. I occasionally poop in there sometimes, and that’s the highlight. I’m sorry I have nothing much to say.

Hilde [our dog] is getting way worse. She just chases her tall ALL FRICKING DAY! Half the time she brains herself and she doesn’t even stop. I don’t even notice anymore. I’m used to her being so messed up I guess. What a messed up life, chase your tail, lick your butt, drink a shit ton of water, and pass out. My life isn’t that messed up, I don’t lick my butt at least.

Well son, I can’t wait to see you and I love you, Dad.


********
 
I laughed for about a half an hour after I read this.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Mason is messed up! lol