Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Travels

This past weekend, I traveled to the lands in the North to visit my niece-icles, "E" ...

She couldn't take her eyes off me, 'cause she knows her Auntie is awesome!

Well, that was until I dropped her ...

But then, I gave her SILLY BANDZ and she was sooooooo happy and seemed to quickly forget about the head trauma.

All in all, I think I'm gonna like this kid.  

When I got home from my lovely visit with E, Mason surprised me by organizing all of my herbs and even adding to my collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was herb-tastic!!!!!!!!!

Dandelion Root is one of my favorites ... Supposedly, if you make a tea with Dandelion Root your psychic powers will increase ... (I've been drinking it all day, which is why I know exactly what you're thinking right now and I would advise you NOT to do it ... or if you do, carry brass knuckles!)


Ah, Mugwort! Herban legend has it that carrying Mugwort will protect you from wild beasts ... or sun stroke. I'd say wild beasts are a much more likely encounter, so definitely pick yo'self up some of this.

Verbena or Vervain is another one of my favs ... Bury this in your garden if you're in need of money. Carry it if you want everlasting youth.

Rose hips are a great source of Vitamin C. Drink up a rose hip tea if you're feeling cold and flu-ish. 

(Needless to say, I was overjoyed with my new herbal delights ... and, Mason's stellar organizational skills!)


**************************

 My vacation filled with babies and a surprising herbal homecoming ROCKED! I can't wait to do it again :)

And, I already miss my little sk-Elli-ton.  

No comments: