Sunday, September 12, 2010

Electrically-Based Freak Out (APAD)

The 356th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


That is me after my meltdown (aka screaming crazy lady rage) today over the usage of electricity in the household.

There are only so many times one person can say (scream), "TURN OFF THE LIGHTS," or "When you leave a room, turn the switch to OFF," or "If you leave your TV on all night again, I'm gonna rip the cord out and use it to hang myself, OK? ... FREAKIN' TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!"

I have probably said those phrases, or variations thereof, at least 5 times a day, every day, over the past 3 years that we've lived in this house. Now, let's calculate this: 3 years = 1,095 days. 1,095 days x 5 phrases per day regarding electrical usage = 5,475 reminders I have given. And, that's a low estimate.

Me thought everyone had PLENTY of chances to turn their electrical neglect around and avoid my ensuing wrath.

I thought wrong.

Today, I hit my boiling point. The basement light was left on all night, because someone apparently "Uh, just forgot I guess." Then, after I got back from hiking this morning EVERY SINGLE light in the house was on and I wish I was exagerrating. Why? I have no freakin' clue since it was the middle of the day. The fridge door was left ajar for who knows how long; a vacuum was left running with no one running it for at least 20 minutes before I shut it off; I just realized our front porch light was on this afternoon and probably has been on for, oh, I'd say DAYS. I could go on and on about all the electrical wastefulness that has occurred today ...

But, I won't.

I may be an AEP Nazi, but I have that right. I pay the effin' bills, people.

Ok, thanks for listening. It's off to patrol the house ... And, if there are any switches in the ON position, you may just find me in jail tomorrow morning.

No comments: