Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tirrredddd (APAD)

The 344th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.



We're all tired as hell here tonight. It's been busy, busy, busy, which is why I'm thrilled to freakin' death that I decided to have a crockpot dinner!

I thought I'd share it with everyone, because it's one of my favorite recipes, Texas-style Chili. Yum! It's actually not a crockpot recipe, but I've always made it in the crockpot.

What you'll need:

2 tsp oil
1 lb chuck stew meat
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, shredded
2 tsp cumin
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1 can (28 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 can (15 oz) each red kidney, black and pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (11 oz) Mexican-style corn, drained

Heat oil in skillet. Add beef and saute 4 minutes or until browned. Add onion and saute 5 minutes. Stir in carrots and cumin. Cook 1 minute.

At this point, I always add the other ingredients and throw everything in the crockpot on low. But, the original recipe tells you this: add chiles, broth, and tomatoes. Heat just to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 1 hour or until beef is tender, stirring occassionally. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook until heated through.

Whether you make it in the crockpot or on the stovetop, it's a really cheap, easy, and yummy meal!

'Night everyone!

No comments: