Monday, August 30, 2010

I Bid A Fond Farewell ... (APAD)

The 343rd picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


As my sister put it, "It's the end of an era."

Aside from my Dad, everyone in my family has owned a Chevy Cavalier. At one point, you could drive past our house and see 4 Cavaliers in the driveway at any given time. My Mom, sister, and brother, have since traded in their Cav's for newer and better cars ...

I, however, hung on to my 1999 Chevy Cavalier ... until today.

Today, I bid farewell to my old gal ... the first car I ever bought, a 1999 Chevy Cavalier. The old gal lasted me over 10 years, over 140,000 miles, and without any major expenses.

She was a good car.

It was time to trade her in, though. She needed all new everything and was becoming unsafe to drive.

So ...

We now own a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Yay.

I know, I know. I should be all happy and honeymoon-like with our new (used) car, but I'm not! I'm sick to my stomach, depressed, and filled with self-doubt and despair. After any major purchase, I get this way ... I DESPISE (!!!) spending large amounts of money.

Don't worry ... I'll recover from what I call MPDDPT (Major Purchase Depressive Disorder with Psychotic Tendencies). The worst of it will be over in a few days, with only minor symptoms over the next couple of months.

However ...

If this mofo turns out to be a lemon, I can promise you that I will have a full blown case of, what I call, PPDTMFPDHT (Psychotic Person Due To Major F-ed Up Purchase Disorder with Homicidal Tendencies).

Let's all hope and pray it doesn't get to that point.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I looooooved your Cavalier! I got my license in that car!!!