Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Herbanite (APAD)

The 337th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


That's my big bag of ...

LAVENDER!

I have a love affair with herbs ... I often dream of a kitchen filled with racks and racks of herbs and spices. Until I achieve that, though, I will just have to deal with a few bottles scattered about in my drawers and cupboards.

Lavender is one of my favorite herbs. I have it growing all over my garden and always have a bag of the dried stuff on my counter.

The smell of Lavender is so calming and lovely.

*Sniff* *Sniff* *Snifffffffffffff*

I know not everyone is a lover of folk wisdom, like I am, but herbs, and Lavender in particular, have a lot of uses other than just cooking. For instance, taking a whiff of Lavender can promote sleep and relieve stress. Some say that adding Lavender essential oil to water and misting it over sunburned skin can help soothe it. Lavender can also help take out the itchiness of bug bites and is even an anti-septic for cuts!

Lavender is awesome.

And, to all the haters out there who say this is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo, an urban legend, so to speak ... I say, you're right.

It's totally an herban legend and I love it!

No comments: