Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Danielle's Book Club (APAD)

The 330th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


This book should be on everyone's bookshelves!

Seriously.

I'm not kidding you.

LOL! LMAO! LMFAO! I honestly don't think there's an acronym out there that can truly capture this book's hilariousness.

So, freakin' funny!

The author, Justin Halpern, lives with his 74-year old Dad and basically just writes down everything his Dad says.

This book = ingenious. Justin's Dad = ingenious.

At the very least, I would highly recommend checking out the reviews of the book on Amazon for some hilarious snippets. Justin also has a running blog of his Dad's sayings here.

And, ah, as for the book club goes .... Hmmmmmm. We're probably supposed to discuss this book at some point. So, um, here's your discussion questions:

1. Why do you think Justin's father swears so much?

2. How do you think Justin felt when his father said this to him: "You look just like Stephen Hawking...Relax, I meant like a non-paralyzed version of him. Feel better?... Fine. Forget I said it."

3. What do you think Justin's father was trying to get across to him when he said this: "You worry too much. Eat some bacon... What? No, I got no idea if it'll make you feel better, I just made too much bacon."

4. How would you describe Justin's father's views on marriage in relation to this comment: "If mom calls, tell her I'm shitting... Son, marriage is about not having to lie about taking a shit."

5. Isn't Sh*t My Dad Says the sh*t??!!

No comments: