Friday, July 16, 2010

Purell Peeps (APAD)

The 298th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


Mason and I went out to dinner tonight at a yummy Mexican restaurant ... 'Twas delish!!!

We were enjoying a lovely dinner, when this weirdo couple comes in ... As soon as they sit down, this lady pulls out a gigantic jug of Purell. Not like a little travel size one, like a huge one and puts it on the table. Unfortunately, you can't really see it in the picture, because I was so far away ... but it's there! Trust me. Anyway, they use the Purell before and after touching the menu, after they touch anything on the table, before they pick up their forks to eat and on and on and on. The weirdest part, though, is that their hand-sanitizing routine was completely synchronized with one another. They would both put the stuff on - him first and then her - and then they would stare at each other while they sterilized themselves ... like their hands were completely in sync with one another. Totally bizarre!

Now I'm not a fan of using anti-bacterial stuff at all. I think it's better to be exposed to germs rather than constantly trying to avoid them. So I really struggle to understand why germaphobic people even bother eating out, especially if you're gonna spend your dinner dousing yourself in Purell.

I can't be the only one out there who realizes that eating in a public establishment probably means that there's gonna be at least one speck of poo, or a tiny booger in your food or, at the very least, that one of the twenty people who handled your food probably just got done scratching their butt.

Come on - Am I right or am I right?

No comments: