Monday, July 5, 2010

Balls to the Wall (APAD)

The 287th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


Remember the half marathon I'm doing in October? Well, I'm in full-blown, balls to the wall training mode right now! I have two and only two goals with this half marathon: (1) I don't want to keel over mid-way through and (2) I want to be able to do this thing with some dignity - not huffing, puffing, and limping my way through it.

So far, I'm doing really well. I walk roughly 3 times a week, a minimum of 3 miles at a time. Saturdays are generally my big day, meaning I walk the most amount of miles for the week. Since it was a holiday weekend, I kinda blew off the big mileage day until today. Last week I walked 6 miles on Saturday, so today I walked 7 miles ... took me about 1-1/2 hours and I think I averaged about 12-13 minutes per mile. Not bad, really ... but it was the most God awful, miserable walk of my life. 7 miles in balls burning heat is not fun, not freakin' fun at all. I did it, though, and I'm pretty happy about it!

The only thing that pulled me through this walk from Hell was some good music ... This is my "Don't Turn Back Now!" playlist that I turn on when I'm desperate for motivation to keep walking instead of laying on the bike trail until someone calls 911 ...

Freak On A Leash - Korn

B.Y.O.B - System of a Down

Gangsta Luv - Snoop Dogg

Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash

Fortunate Son - Creedance Clearwater

Hash Pipe - Weezer

Notorious Thugs - Notorious B.I.G.

Only Happy When It Rains - Garbage

Piece Of My Heart - Janis Joplin

Otherside - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Piano Man - Billy Joel

Empire State Of Mind - Jay-Z

Boom Boom - John Lee Hooker

Blaze of Glory - Jon Bon Jovi

Champagne - Cavo

Chaiyya Chaiyya - Inside Man Soundtrack

Enter Sandman - Metallica

Family Affair - Mary J. Blige

Here I Go Again On My Own - White Snake

I'm Not A Player - Capital Punishment

Icky Thump - The White Stripes

Jimi Thing - Dave Matthews

N 2gether Now - Limp Bizkit

Bebot - Black Eyed Peas

Rock Superstar - Cypress Hill

Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti

Spoonman - Sound Garden

This Is How We Do It - Montell Jordan

Vertigo - U2

Whiskey In The Jar - Metallica

Only - Nine Inch Nails

Feel free to send me your workout songs ... I have a feeling I'm gonna need quite a bit of motivation this summer :) !!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Psycho Killer!
That is a great picture by the way

Danielle said...

I love Psycho Killer!

Thanks!!!

Tiffany said...

it is, I think it should be your fb profile pic!