Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Root (APAD)

The 230th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


That's a ginger root. Don't ya think it's cool looking? It reminds me of the mandrake baby in Pan's Labryinth. Anyway, earlier this year I found out that I really like ginger tea, which was surprising since I have never been a fan of tea. The problem, though, is that I can't find just a package of ginger tea. The ginger tea is always mixed in a sampler package with a bunch of other nasty teas I would never drink.

Today, I was desperate for some ginger tea, because I'm really nauseous and have a bad upset stomach. And, ginger tea is excellent for calming down a turbulent tummy, so I decided to make my own. It's really easy!

First, buy a ginger root at the grocery store. Then, cut off about two inches of it, peel it, and thinly slice. Boil 4 cups of water and add the sliced ginger. Cover and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.


And now you have a yummy glass of homemade ginger root tea!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brokersring.com - Learn how to turn $500 into $5,000 in a month!

[url=http://www.brokersring.com/]Make Money Online[/url] - The Secret Reveled with Binary Option

Binary Options is the way to [url=http://www.brokersring.com/]make money[/url] securely online