Monday, May 31, 2010

Hot Balls! (APAD)

The 252nd picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


I've eaten so many Atomic Fireballs in the past two days that the entire roof of my mouth has been burned raw. YEEOCH! However, that hasn't stopped me from wanting more. In fact, I was just online at the bulk candy store, perusing their selection of Fireballs and Jelly Belly Jelly Beans, when I saw a "kosher candy" link so I clicked on it. Apparently, Atomic Fireballs are a kosher candy! Ah, whaaaa? I always thought kosher had to do with meat and the way animals are slaughtered. I didn't realize that it involved candy.

So, I clicked on the "Kosher FAQ" link to see if I could find out more about the kosher-ness of Atomic Fireballs. Basically, all it says is that they can send you a certification letter stating that their manufacturers have kosher facilities. Then it goes on to say that their facility is not kosher. So, if you order less than 10 pounds of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (like I was going to!!!) they repackage it at their un-kosher warehouse making a once kosher product un-kosher!

Now, I'm in a predicament. I really want the Jelly Belly Jelly Beans, but I'm scared since they're un-kosher and I have no idea what that means. I don't even know why this is concerning me, because I just ate a BLT and earlier I had a ham sandwich. I'm pretty sure they're both un-kosher. But, I am concerned. Now, I need to know what makes a candy warehouse un-kosher before I can order these dang things. And, google is not helping answer my question!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr ...

No comments: