Thursday, April 8, 2010

Roadblock (APAD)

The 199th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


One thing about living in Chauncelot, is that the police are a daily occurence. A day without hearing a siren or seeing a cruiser driving by is a rarity in my neck of the woods. Normally, I'm fine with it. This past week, however, it has been really bothersome. From what I gather, my next door neighbors are having custody issues. So, they call the police every chance they get and lately it has been almost daily.

My irritation doesn't come from the police visit to the neighbors ... that I kinda enjoy. I sit on the back porch, relax, sip my wine, and listen to drama that has nothing to do with me. I know it's wrong, but I do gain some small satisfication knowing that people have more dysfunctional lives than I do!

Anyway ...

My irritation comes from the police officer who chooses to park across my driveway instead of on the street which has plenty of parking. He totally blocks me in for at least 45 minutes. Now, it's not like I have anywhere to go. Remember ... I'm sitting on the porch drinking wine and listening to the drama. It's just the point of what if I did? What if I did have to go somewhere and I couldn't 'cause Mr. Police Man parked right behind me?

Have some respect dude!

On another note, I've identified a new Chauncelot character I will be unveiling once I get her picture, which will hopefully be soon. For now, though, I will just leave you with her name ... Scratch 'N Sniff.

No comments: