Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My First Marathon! (APAD)

The 212th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


It's official! I will be participating in my first ever Nike Run Like A Girl half marathon! Tiffany and I entered the random drawing and we were picked. So, it looks like I'm headed to San Francisco in October :)

The half marathon is just over 13 miles. YIKES! I will be walking, not running. (I have big boobs and I've learned that big boobs and running don't mix.) The problem is, though, I have never walked 13 miles. Never even attempted it, so I'm really intimidated. The most I have ever walked at one time was last summer when I walked 5 miles on a nearby bike path. I pretty much thought I was gonna die afterward, so I really have a lot of training to do. I figure, though, even if I pass out during the marathon or die or run to the first restaurant I see and just gorge myself instead of walk, at least I tried!

I have until October 17th to get my ass into gear and I'm hoping I can do it!

No comments: