Monday, April 26, 2010

I Want To Believe (APAD)

The 217th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


I bet you didn't know that I'm a ghost hunter. Yes. Yes I am. I'm even part of a ghost hunting group. We call ourselves APES (Appalachian Paranormal Enthusiast Society).

Our group is made up of 6 people. We all have different roles. Me and my BFF, Stephanie, are officially known as the Child Psychology Researchers of the group. I have no idea how we even got that title or what we're supposed to be doing, but I know we're not doing it. The most Child Psychology research Steph and I have ever done was buy some baby toys at the Dollar Store before a ghost hunt ... ya know, to lure in kid ghosts. (It didn't work.) Really, Stephanie and I are in charge of having a steady supply of food and chapstick at our hunts. And, we do that job really well! I think I'm gonna advocate to have our job titles changed to Chief Sociological Officers of Logistical Coordination. It's long and sounds cool and important.

Thanks to our group leaders, our hunts are very organized and structured. We typically hunt in groups of 2 for about 45 minutes at a time. During these shifts, everyone is quiet and there is minimal movement. This is so we don't pick up each other on our video cameras or voice recorders. And, if something weird happens we can go through a process of elimination to determine what it might be. So far, we've done several hunts and never seen a ghost. Never felt a ghost. Never even heard a ghost ... although we did pick up a weird fart sound on one of the video cameras. It figures that we would be the group to pick up a farting ghost!

Anyway, I love ghost hunting. It's super fun and we always have a great time, even though we never find anything. We haven't been on any hunts in awhile and I'm dying to go. So, if anyone knows any cool haunted places send them my way!

I want to believe. I really, really do.

No comments: