Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hypnotize Me (APAD)

The 198th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.



I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before that I love going on the App Store and obsessively finding and downloading new apps for my iphone. Typically, I stick to the free ones, since I hate paying money for something I probably won't like that much anyway.

Well, last week I typed in "RELAXATION" and found this hypnosis app. According to the app info, this guy, Andrew Johnson, hypnotizes you into a state of relaxation. After reading all the stellar reviews, I was still skeptical, but decided to go ahead and get it since it was on sale for .99 cents. And, since I've been having trouble falling asleep I'm pretty much willing to try anything at this point!

I started using this hypnosis app on Sunday and have used it every night since, right before bed. Basically, Andrew Johnson talks to you, in his Scottish accent, and says "Breathe in relaxation. Breathe out tension." Then, "Imagine you're at the top of a staircase. At the bottom is relaxation. With each step, you move closer to relaxation." Yada, yada, yada.

I think the whole thing is only about 20 minutes, but I have never made it all the way through. I only ever get to the part where I reach relaxation at the bottom of the staircase, but have no idea what comes next! That app seriously knocks me out. Every night, I wake up anywhere between midnight and two in the morning with my earbuds still in my ear, drool on my pillow, and this weird feeling of being disoriented. Last night, I didn't even remember where I was and how I had gotten into bed! It's the weirdest thing, but it definitely helps me sleep.

I really don't know if this guy is actually hypnotizing me or if my body has just gotten so tired that I'm back on my regular sleep cycle again?? Either way I haven't been disappointed with it.

The app is titled POSITIVITY if anyone decides to check it out. I think it's back up to it's regular price of $2.99, though. Just wait until it goes back on sale before you buy it.

No comments: