Thursday, April 29, 2010

Holy Crap Balls!

The 220th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.



Tonight, I went to see a movie with friends at a local International Film Fest . After enjoying some good food and a Raspberry Wheat beer, we headed over to Dogtooth.

Ummmmmmm ... HOLY CRAP BALLS!

I wish I could put into words what this movie was like, but I can't even begin to explain it. It was freaky, creepy, insane and uncomfortable to say the least. And, yes, I actually liked it.

Basically, it's about these parents that completely shelter their children from the outside world. Their house is surrounded by a tall fence and the kids have never been outside of it. Obviously, the kids are pretty effed up because of it. Their interpretation of their environment is completely twisted. For instance, they define a zombie as a yellow flower. Cats are evil and dangerous animals that will kill them if they leave the confines of their home. And, the kids actually believe their mother when she tells them that she will soon be giving birth to two children and a dog if they don't behave. For me, though, the darkest part of the movie is how sexuality and sexual urges are dealt with. I'm not even gonna go into detail about that, because you really have to watch it to appreciate how psycho it is. All I'll say is HOLY MOTHER EFFING CRAP BALLS!!

Anyway, I'm really glad I saw this movie and will definitely be going back to the Film Fest next year. If you see Dogtooth, you should definitely bring your whole family along. Good family time fun.

(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

No comments: