Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Other Kind of Troll (APAD)

The 167th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


I am officially the proud owner of a troll bead bracelet!

Don't know what I'm talking about? Yeah, up until a few weeks ago, I had no clue what they were either. But ... now ... I'm totally obsessed. Troll bracelets are basically charm bracelets, but cooler ... and really expensive. The beads pictured above were between $28 and $41 a piece. Yes, a piece! For a single freakin' bead! I know it's crazy, but I love them. I can't help it.

I got the Bead of Fortune, Buddha bead, Viking bead, and the Venus bead. There's hundreds of beads to choose from though. They're not just silver either, there are gold beads, gem beads, pearl beads, stone beads and colorful glass beads as well. Since they're so expensive, I'm only going to buy the real troll beads if they're super cool ones, like mythology, symbols or interesting designs. For the rest, I'm taking my BFF Stephanie's advice and purchasing cheap knock-offs on Amazon or Ebay. I got 100 glass beads for $17!

You should check out the troll website here and join the cool crowd of troll owners.

No comments: