Thursday, March 25, 2010

Crafty & Cool (APAD)

The 185th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.



These wax crystals are my cool new find!

I have been contemplating making my own candles for years now and have tons of old glass candle jars sitting undernearth my sink. I didn't want to throw 'em away after the candle burned out, seemed like such a waste, so I just kept them. I never attempted the candle-making thing, though, because it seemed really complicated. And, me and hot wax definitely don't mix. I'm pretty sure I would have been seriously injured if I had went through with it!

That's why I love these wax crystals. All you do is buy a package of wicks, stick the wick in a jar, and then fill it with the crystals. Super easy! I found them at Hobby Lobby, but I'm sure they would have them at any arts/crafts store. They seem to have a pretty decent burning life too, so I'm very happy with my find!

No comments: