Thursday, February 11, 2010

Business Redneck Style (APAD)

The 143rd picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


I love rednecks and their homemade business signs!

The sign above says, "Deer Cut Up." To rednecks, the meaning of this sign is probably quite obvious. To me, however, this sign is perplexing ... Aside from the obvious, that deer are cut up somewhere, what does that mean? Does it mean someone will cut up your deer? Does it mean there are deer parts available for purchase? Does it mean you can go there and cut up deer just for fun? It also doesn't indicate whether we're talking about fresh meat or road kill. But, perhaps, fresh meat could also be road kill and thus there is no need to distinguish??? Hmmm. Food for thought.

To the creator of this sign: Nice job making a simple, striking slogan. Obviously a head-turner. However, your sign needs some work because, quite frankly, it frightens me. Aside from the fact I don't like venison, I would never travel up the road to see your deer cut up, even out of curiousity, since I have no idea what I'd be getting myself into. My suggestion would be to invest in a slightly larger piece of wood and reword the sign to be more specific like, "Fresh Deer Meat $3/pound" or "I'll butcher your deer real cheap!" or "Have some fun hackin' deer. 1 mile up." I would also suggest putting a smiley face somewhere on the sign letting others know you're a friendly redneck. That's all. Thank you for listening, sign creator.

Thanks for sending me this pic, Steph!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

that's something out of "The Hills Have Eyes"