Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pisces/Mars Mars/Pisces (APAD)

The 128th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.



Back in the day, when the dial-up internet and AOL were new and cool, I rocked the online screen name of marspisces. I carried the name over to my brief Twitter days as well. Marspisces came about from an astrology reading I had done when I was 16 years old. I paid $50 for the dumb thing. Anyway, the reading said something about the planet Mars being a strong influence in my sign. I have no idea what that means anymore. At the time, though, it must have been fairly significant to me since I obsessively covered my notebooks with "marspisces" during study hall.

Today reminded me of my past Mars/Pisces obsession. First, Mason made me a new pair of earrings. Now the symbol of Pisces can dangle from my ears forever! Then, this evening, I noticed a bright, reddish star in the sky ... its Mars! I googled it and discovered that tonight is the last time Mars will be this close to the Earth and this bright until 2014. Does this mean anything? Probably not ... but it's cool!

Go outside, look to the East, and behold the beauty of Mars!

No comments: