Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ouch! (APAD)

The 103rd picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


Anyone who knows me, knows I am prone to burns. I have two burn scars on my right leg from a curling iron - don't ask - and, I have multiple scars on my upper and lower arms from burns from the oven, hot pans, and one time scalding coffee - again, don't ask. Then, last night I received my latest burn, which I'm sure will turn into a scar, on my left thumb ... this time from hot wax.

I was heating wax in the microwave, to wax my eyebrows, when I foolishly attempted to take it out, not realizing how hot it was, and then had a major freak out, tipped it, and dumped it all over my thumb. The ring finger on my left hand also received some wax damage, but not nearly as bad as my thumb. I'm pretty sure this is the worst burn I've ever received ... or maybe my thumb is just more sensitive than the other areas I've burned in the past?? I don't know, but the pain was so intense I almost vomited. Yeah ... bad. I even had to sleep with an ice pack rubber-banded around my hand to ease the throbbing. Luckily, the pain is now gone, but its turned into one giant waxy blister since I can't get all of the wax off without peeling away my skin too ... yikes!

Lesson learned: Pay $10 to have a professional wax your eyebrows.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

:( Yes, just pay to get them done! I pay $8!!