Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bread Thief (APAD)

The 132nd picture in "A Picture A Day" series.



The glasses above are 3-D glasses I stole from the movie Avatar. I decided not to give them back, because (1) they were super cool and (2) I felt the price I paid for my ticket should cover the glasses too. It wasn't until today, however, that I realized just how useful these stolen glasses could be in my life. First, the Michael Jackson Tribute on the Grammys tonight is going to be in 3-D. Hello! Now I don't have to buy a pair, since I already stole some. Yay! Second, my kitchen was very bright today when I was baking banana bread and having lost my sunglasses a few weeks ago, the 3-D glasses were the perfect solution to bright-light baking problems. God, I love these glasses.

******

Because this banana bread recipe is the best and easiest recipe I've ever found, I thought I'd share it with all of you :) I just can't remember where I found it ...

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 bananas, finely crushed
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1. Cream butter and sugar
2. Add eggs and crushed bananas. Combine well.
3. Sift together flour, soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
4. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

No comments: