Thursday, December 10, 2009

Twittered Out (APAD)

The 80th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.



I deleted my Twitter account due to Twitter-related stress. At first, I liked it. It was interesting following different celebrities and reading their tweets. After awhile though, I realized that unless I logged on like every half an hour I'd be behind in tweet-reading by like 5,000 tweets! It became impossible to catch up.

Then I kept losing followers ... apparently my tweets weren't that interesting. I admit that I slacked on them after awhile, but initially I was pretty good at posting. Tiffany even tried to help by posting me on Follow Friday to try to get me more followers. Didn't help much. I'm too pathetic for Twitterverse.

Another factor that led to my Twitter demise, was my Twitter-related blog issues. You'll remember my post awhile back, where someone else's Tweets began showing up on my blog feed. WTH! It was really annoying. It happened again this past week so I ended up just deleting the widget. Screw that.

So, now I am Twitter-no-more. This brings me down to only two social networking sites to worry about: Myspace and Facebook. I've been contemplating deleting Myspace because, well, it's dumb. But, it would make it more difficult to cyber-stalk certain people, so I'm leaving it up for now. I just don't update it. Facebook makes it impossible to cyber-stalk people, which I hate, but I love it for the ability to connect to people from the past. Facebook stays for sure.

Anyway, maybe someday I'll post about my belief that all social networking sites add an element of stress to our lives, whether we're aware of it or not. For now, though, I'd just like to say:

Goodbye Twitter. You suck.

1 comment:

Vanessa Rogers said...

I gave up on twitter on the second day I signed up for my account. Too much work! :)