Wednesday, December 16, 2009

New Thing, New Year (APAD)

The 86th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.



Every year, I identify a food I don't like, but really want to and then, for the next year, try to get myself to enjoy it. Why do I do this? I really have no idea. I started it several years ago with guacamole. I always loved the look of guac dip, but didn't really care for the taste until I vowed one year that I would force myself to love it. Now, I have to stop myself from eating the whole bowl! Four years ago I taught myself to like pork rinds. Three years ago it was chocolate covered cherries. Two years ago it was green olives. Last year it was snow crabs and lobster. This year it has been tomato juice.

I have always been successful at my Forced Food is Love Experiment, until this year. I cannot, for the life of me, enjoy V8. I feel like I'm drinking tomato soup. I love tomatoes ... just not as a drink. I've tried spicing it up with Tabasco sauce. I've tried it over ice. I've tried different brands. I've tried mixing it with beer since Mason said he was sure I'd like it that way. I've tried it as a Bloody Mary with all the yummy vegetables in it. Nope. Nothing. I still hate it. I can't even drink more than a couple of sips before I feel like barfing.

I only have a couple more weeks to either learn to love tomato juice or face failure. I think I prefer failure. I can't take anymore V8! I haven't decided what next year's food will be, but once I do you can bet I'll blog about it!

No comments: