Monday, November 16, 2009

Which Way Does Yours Hang? (APAD)

The 56th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.



Do you prefer the toilet paper roll to hang over, like the one pictured above, or under?

I prefer over. If I had to guess I would say that 99% of the population prefers this as well. If you pay attention, the toilet paper is always in the over position in bathrooms ranging from work to Walmart to Applebee's to any hotel you'll visit to probably all of your friends' houses.

Why is this?

I can only speak for myself, but personally the over position is more accessible to grabbing the paper and yanking it off. The under position is more complicated since the paper seems to be not as easy to grab and, often, you have to try to find where the open piece is hanging from. With the over position the open piece is always visible. Further, it seems that, at least in my house, when the paper is hung in the under position it always ends up partially unrolling onto the floor. This is probably because it's more difficult to grab and yank in the under position leading to the excess spooling onto the floor. And, who wants to use toilet paper that's been touching the floor even if it is to wipe your buttocks??? Yuck. Not me!

So, which way does yours hang?

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

definitely over. In fact, it's one of my OCD things. When I go to people's homes and it's under, I flip it. Every time. I do it everywhere I go if it's in the wrong direction.

Clakes said...

Completely agree. There is no other way than over!

Kelly said...

You can thank the toilet paper at work almost always hanging over to me. If it is hanging under, I will switch it. I can't stand when the roll is hanging under.