Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Morality Police (APAD)

The 65th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.



Walmart censors things ... like music. The fact that Walmart thinks they're some kind of Morality Police just really irks me. And, it doesn't even make sense. They make artists edit their lyrics in order to allow their CD's to be sold at Walmart, but then they sell "R" rated movies? Huh? I don't get it. What's the difference? One could argue that the content in any of those Saw movies is probably more harmful than Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown album. Yet, Green Day's music is considered so offensive that it must either be censored or not stocked. Kudos to Green Day, by the way, who refused to do a clean version for Walmart! Makes me like Green Day even more!!

I don't know. It's ridiculous to me. I hate censorship. I wish, though, that if Walmart was going to censor anything they'd censor Glenn Beck and his idiotic book. To me, Glenn Beck and the content of his show and book are more offensive than anything Snoop Dogg could say.

Just my two cents.

No comments: