Friday, October 16, 2009

Not Too Shabby (APAD)

The 26th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.



Tonight I went to see the movie, "Paranormal Activity," with Derek (my brother), Luann (his girlfriend), Brittany (my sister), and Clayton (her husband). I am giving this movie a "not too shabby" rating. For the first half of the movie, I was pretty much bored out of my skull. I was also really annoyed by the two main characters and I thought for sure I was going to hate this movie! I even spent a large portion of the first half texting with Mason. However, once the second half started, things definitely started to get more interesting. I wouldn't say this is the "scariest movie ever made," as some reviewers have claimed, but I understand where they're coming from ... Sometimes the scariest things are those which you cannot see and "Paranormal Activity" definitely plays on that.

I think this is a movie worth watching, but wait until it comes out on DVD.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I got to see it at a midnight showing in a packed theater. I really think that the time I went and the date I went (being that the movie was centered in the middle of the night over a two or three week period) had a big factor of making it good to me.

And I think that Paranormal Activity had some marketing geniuses behind it.

I don't know if it'd be worth watching on DVD. Definitely not the scariest movie ever, but I liked it.

You didn't like the bf? I thought he was funny.