Wednesday, October 14, 2009

No Popping! (APAD)

The 24th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.




That black thing on my thumb is a blood blister. I got it 2 weeks ago when I pinched the skin in a gardening clipper. It freakin' hurt and it was super huge and filled with blood. I refused to pop it, which is odd since normally I'm totally into popping things like blisters, zits, bubble wrap, you name it ... Anyway, the puffiness has gone down, but 2 weeks later that dang blister is still there. I was going to pop it today, but decided against it because I'm really curious as to how long it will remain on my thumb and what exactly will become of it. I don't even think there's anything to pop at this point, because it's totally flat, so some of the blood must have drained somewhere and the rest is probably dried blood underneath the skin. I could probably google it, but I'd rather just wait it out and see what happens. Week 3 of the evil blood blister will start on Saturday ...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

eww...D. that's nasty. lol

james had one of those. he ended up clipping the skin off because it was all dead and the black was like two or three layers deep. hella gross.