Thursday, October 8, 2009

Miley! Miley! WHY-ley? (APAD)

The 18th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.




I just don't get it. Why is Miley Cyrus so popular? Normally, I don't really care about the mass' obsession with untalented people, but this past week I have been bombarded by irritating reminders about Miley's popularity. (I would go on a rant about my hatred for Sarah Palin and her hilarious new book "Going Rogue," but I don't wanna get all political on here, so you're stuck with Miley.) It just seems like every time I turn on the TV - It's Miley! Or when I'm surfing the 'net an ad of - It's Miley! - pops up. UGH. BARF. Gag me with a spoon, puhlease! To top it off, TJ Holmes, a CNN anchor of the morning edition, actually said ON AIR that he believes Miley's song, Party in the USA, is, and I quote, "a great song." Errrr, really??

To be fair, I have never really listened to Miley's songs or watched Hannah Montana. I figured I should give her a chance. The least I can do is listen to her songs 'cause, you know, maybe I'm being too harsh on her. So, I look up the "great song," Party in the USA, on itunes. I press play. I listen. It ends. I press play again. I listen again. It ends. I think, "WTF was that?" It was not good. She does not have a good voice. I will concede that it's catchy. I can definitely understand why tweens dig her. But, I cannot, for the life of me, understand why adults like her.

Yes, I know that some might say I'm a hypocrite since I recently admitted to liking Popozao by K-Fat and yet I still have the balls to hate on Miley. The difference is, however, that I understand that Popozao is a terrible song, a no-hit wonder in fact. I would never even suggest that K-Fat has talent or that Popozao is a great, even a good song. I know it sucks! What I take issue with, is when people actually try to suggest that Miley Cyrus is "good," "great," or "talented." She is none of those. She just has better marketing people than K-Fat.

Alright, enough with all this talk about bad music and untalented musicians … I gotta go ... Billy Ray's Achy Breaky Heart is calling my name ...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

ohhh emmm geeee D-Feezy!! Go read my blog right now. Hurry! You're gonna die laughing.