Monday, October 19, 2009

Driving Me Crazy! (APAD)

The 29th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.


Remember my dog Hilde? Well, in addition to her many physical ailments, she is now certifiably crazy. Ok, I don't know if she's necessarily "certifiable, but according to google she is. After hours of online research, my diagnosis is stereotypy or, the disorder more commonly known as, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Yes, dogs can have OCD! I'm pretty sure I'm correct with my diagnosis, because Hilde is an obsessive tail-chaser, barker, licker, and, most recently, a water drinker. She will literally down a gigantic bowl of water in one sitting. And, no, there's nothing physically wrong with her! We've had her to the vet about a billion times for God's sake. She's just mentally-ill. I guess it's a fairly serious disorder so I probably should take her to the vet again, but my bank account isn't feeling that right now. And, according to google, they'll prescribe her Prozac. Grrreeeaaatttt.

Anyway, she has also developed a new issue where she has to follow me FREAKIN' EVERYWHERE! She doesn't do this with anybody but me and it drives me insane. Today when I went to walk on the treadmill I shut Hilde out of the room so that I could walk in peace and pretty soon I heard scratching on the door, then whining, then a long, drawn-out groan, and then I saw her paw underneath the door. *SIGH* She laid in the hallway with one paw underneath the door the entire time I was exercising.

Poor psycho Hilde.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

:( poor hilde. at least she's not skizophrenic.