Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Case of the Shoe & the Toilet (APAD)

The 13th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.





The last two days just haven't been good days for me. Yesterday, I dropped a gallon of milk at Walmart and it exploded everywhere. Sooooo embarassing. Today, started off OK, aside from the fact that I had to work from 7:45am until 8:30pm, but quickly deteriorated. The ONE strap on my shoe decided to break at, oh, about 9am this morning. I had to scotch-tape the strap on so that I wouldn't have to walk around barefoot. Well, the tape kept coming undone, so I had to repeat the scotch-tape wraparound technique about every hour. *SIGH* Where's duct tape when you need it? Then, this evening, this really annoying women, who is attending the training I'm facilitating, comes up to me and says, "Ummmmm, there's a problem in the bathroom." I'm thinking, "Greeeaaattt." So, I say, "OK, what's the issue?" "Well," says annoying lady, "I went into the bathroom and the toilet was running, but I couldn't hold it so I just started going to the bathroom." Then she pauses and stares at me like I should say something and I begin to think, "Oh crap, the toilet overflowed." So, I say, "Is it all over the floor?" And, she looks at me all horrified and says, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Apparently, she must have thought I meant, "Did you poo on the floor?" I never clarified 'cause it's funnier that she thinks that I thought that! Instead, I laugh at her reaction and ask, "But what's the problem then?" Annoying lady continues and tells me, "So, I use the toilet when it's still running, but then the toilet stopped running and I'm done going to the bathroom so I flush the toilet but it doesn't all go down, so you're gonna need to go in there and flush it again probably." All I say is, "Um, ok, I'll do that." But I'm thinking, "WTF, WTF, WTF???!!!" Why she wouldn't just flush the toilet again is beyond me. I mean, what kind of a person asks a stranger to flush the toilet again for them???? Apparently, it's someone who wants to show you their poo 'cause there was a big 'ol pile waiting for me to flush. YAY! It's times like this that really make me love my job.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

full moon tomorrow