Monday, October 26, 2009

Bad Coffee, Sweet Treat (APAD)

The 36th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.



My friend and coworker, Darlene, surprised me with this lovely Cappuccino from my favorite little coffee buggy this morning. It was delish. I'm ashamed to say, however, that my favorite coffee is that crappy gas station coffee. I love going to the local Marathon or Speedway and getting a 16 ounce coffee, filled about a 1/3 of the way with their French Vanilla Cappuccino. Yummmmmmm ... such a sweet treat.

Unless I'm taking a road trip, though, I never buy gas station coffee. For some reason, I have a hard time justifying a bad coffee purchase. Buying a cappuccino from Starbucks or the coffee buggy, every once in awhile, seems to make sense to me, because it's not like I could whip up a cappuccino myself - I'm not that talented - and it's culturally ingrained in me, through the wonders of the advertisement industry, that this is "good" coffee. But, going to a gas station for the specific reason of buying coffee seems so wrong ... I need to get over it, though, because my little cappuccino concoction costs me 99 cents at the gas station versus $3.50 at a coffee house. Bad coffee is the sweetest treat.

No comments: