Monday, September 28, 2009

Netflix Thief


I'm pretty sure I work with a Netflix thief. It all started several months ago, when I would mail my Netflix DVD's out from work. Now, at work, it's not an actual mailbox that I'm putting them into, but rather it's just a box for outgoing mail and then someone puts it in with all of the other mail and takes it to the post office. Everyone has access to this. So anyway, I would put movies in the work mail and it would take like 3 weeks for the movie to be received by Netflix. ARGHH! Very frustrating. At first, I just thought this was a Netflix problem and someone in their Receiving Department was totally slacking. But then, one day, I decided to put my Netflix movie in a regular ol' mailbox because I had to stop at the post office anyway. Well .... Netflix received it THE NEXT DAY! YAY! I thought to myself, "Netflix fired the lazy dude!" HOORAY! So, once again, I went about my usual routine of putting my movies in the work mail. Well, I bet you can guess what happened ... Yep. It started taking WEEKS for my movies to be received. I finally started getting suspicious and came to the conclusion that an Operation Netflix was in order. So, I began to alternate the location my movies were mailed out from to assess time differences in their receipt by Netflix: One goes straight to an official post office mailbox and the other goes through work mail. Well, the official mailbox movie gets received in a day, the work mailbox movie ... takes FREAKIN' weeks! Then I think to myself, "Hmmmm, if there really is a thief then they will probably be picky about what they watch." For instance, no one is going to steal a DVD that is disc 3 from Season 4 of Nip/Tuck, because it wouldn't make any sense ... They'd have to rent 3 1/2 seasons of N/T just to catch up to the DVD they stole from me. Too much time! So, I test this theory out. I send out two DVDs at the same time from the work mail: One is the movie "Milk" and the other is disc 3 of Mad Men Season 1. Guess what? YEPPERS. Mad Men is received immediately. Milk, on the other hand, well that sucker took 2 full weeks to get back to Netflix.

Mother-effer. Suspicions confirmed. I work with a Netflix thief.

I don't know who this person is, but I pretty much hate them. I really don't care that they steal my movies so that they can watch them, but I'd really appreciate a little friggin' courtesy and have them returned in a timely manner! Watch the movie the night you steal it and then return it the next day in the mail. DUH! I never would have caught on to your little operation if my movies were only taking 2 days to get to Netflix versus 2 weeks!


3 comments:

The Brittster said...

When I lived in Hugo I had someone watch my movies before I got them, then tape up the envelope and put it in my mailbox....the tape really gave it away...

Danielle said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tiffany said...

I bet it's the receptionist or whoever takes the mail to the post office.