Monday, September 28, 2009

Far Too Long ... (APAD)

The 8th picture in "A Picture A Day" series.



This is me and my BFF, Tiffany. Well, actually, it's me and my laptop with her Facebook page pulled up. We haven't seen each other in SEVEN YEARS!! If it wasn't for Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter, I would have no idea what she looks like now! Man, seven years is just wayyyy too long.

When she first moved from Minnesota back to Cali in '02, we lost touch for awhile. I'm actually gonna say we went a couple of years maybe, before we started talking again on a regular basis. Even when we both lived in Minnesota, we went through a couple of periods where we didn't talk. It's not like we were mad at each other or anything, it was more like we were just living our lives and going about our business, but doing so separately. Tiffany and I, though, are the kind of friends that can go years without talking and then when we reconnect it's like we just pick up where we left off. I love having a friend like that! No weirdness, no bad feelings, no "Why didn't you call me?" kinda crap, it's just all so cool. Now, we pretty much talk, I mean text, everyday :) Thank God, for the invention and accessibility of the internet, social networking sites, cell phones, and texting, because if I actually had to a write a friggin' letter by hand and snail mail it ... Well, um, let's just say I would probably have no idea if Tiffany was dead or alive!

So, anyway, I'm really missing my BFF today and I'm hoping another 7 years doesn't go by before I see her again ...

Alright, enough of the sappy stuff ... I'm gonna go wrangle a bull or, ah, shoot guns or do something else tough and (wo)MANLY 'cause sweet and sappy is just so not me.

3 comments:

The Brittster said...

Why do you not write sappy stuff about me...I am your SISTER, who you never get to see and who misses you...A LOT!

I love you, Danielle!

Tiffany said...

awww..I love you bitch! We have to take over Vegas. Or at least San Francisco

Danielle said...

I'm going to write one about you when I come back to Minnesota. It's gonna be called "Mrs. Britty-Boobs."