Friday, February 6, 2009

Part Beagle, Part Devil

We got our dog, Madge - whose name was supposed to be Audrey, by the way, but I was out voted! - from Angie who rescued her from the middle of a national forest. The vet told us that she's part beagle, part border collie, but I beg to differ. I am almost positive that Madge is at least 50% devil. Not only does she eat probably a pound of poop a day, but she is an escape artist, howls incessantly if she doesn't get her way, is so lazy that she will lay down and not move until you drag her (this is not fun when it's 3am in the winter and you're trying to get her to come in from outside!), eats my chapstick if I leave it out for 3 seconds or longer, becomes obsessively interested in any toy our other dog, Hilde, has even though we have about 500 hundred other dog toys she can choose from, is able to jump up on our countertops and dining room table, and will jump up on the bed in the middle of the night and lay right on top of me.

She also did this to her dog bed today:


Possibly the most disturbing thing of all is this:


Do you see it?

The eyes are gone.

Yesterday when I was picking up their toys, I noticed that although the stuffed animals were completely intact, they were all missing their eyes!




Here she is working her magic:


You may be wondering how we know that Madge is the eye-eater and not Hilde ... Well, Hilde has never, ever been destructive. The first day we brought Madge home, she ate my sandals. Shortly after that she chewed the corners off of our coffee table. Then she crawled under the couch and started tearing out the stuffing underneath. Yeah. Fun times. So, I'm about 99.9% positive that it's Madge.

See, just look at Hilde compared to Madge. It's like Good vs. Evil:



8 comments:

Lianne said...

The devil eyes tell the whole story. If I'd been drinking something when I got to that last picture, it would've sprayed out of my nose.

"Ice Pony Girl" said...

HAHA!! How old is she? She's adorable! Come join our beagle list,it's called Happy Tails and it's a Yahoo Groups list.

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

You might want to hide your cutlery.

Danielle and Mason said...

Thanks for the comment Lianne :-)

She's a little over a year old, IPG. I'll definitely look up your group on yahoo :-)

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I didn't even think of hiding our knives. LOL. Mason had a dream the other night that I was a parapalegic (sp?) and Madge ate off all my fingers. LOL.

Sheri & Jason said...

my mitten paw likes to tear up all and any hamster toys.

Temple said...

lol...looks like a normal day in my household with Lola :)

Rachel said...

Creepy red eyes and everything! Have you checked around in the basement for a secret cooridor to hell? I bet it is there, and she is feeding the eyes to the devil :)

Kind of cute though, for a destructive devil pooch!