Friday, November 7, 2008

Total Financial Collapse!!! Bring it....

Danielle is the primary blogger, but I thought I'd give it a whirl for a change. So, here's our situation: We are $250,000 dollars in debt. Student loans, mortgage, car, TEENAGE BOYS, living in Chauncey, etc. have really dug us into a hole. And that is particularly dangerous living in a flood plane. Get it? Dug ourselves into a hole and we live in a flood plane. Anyone? Ok, sorry. Anyway, I've often asked myself, what if we really are headed for "hell in a hand-basket"? It never really solicited any trepidation. No fear. I should be, but I'm not afraid.

I then realized, if all hell breaks loose and the financial crisis comes to fruition, we just made $250,000!!! There is no way in hell we'd ever make that much otherwise, especially being civil servants wanting to save the world, stupid.

(The Athens Messenger)

I never realized something about being poor in a poor town. We are recession proof! People everyday worry about BECOMING us. Being us, we don't have to worry! It's liberating, in a sad pathetic way. As I watch the news, with our president-elect talking of certain doom, I can't help but to think that we can not lose what we DON'T HAVE.

I sort of snicker to myself when I think that people are budgeting recently for the first time in their lives. I don't want to sound like I have no compassion, I would like to feel for these people; but I can't help myself in gaining a sick twisted satisfaction in telling myself, "Welcome to my everyday life!"


(Some cartoon somebody gave. I don't know who did it.)

My routine involves pinching Lincoln until he's asphyxiated! I know he's one of many presidents that don't like me. I really abuse them and put them through the ringer. I squeeze every conceivable ounce out of them.

I get hounded all the time for choosing my low pay. People wonder why I'm wasting my high education level on serving the public good. My only retort is...why does someone have to be so poor serving the public good?

Anyway, living in a small, poor town does have its amenities...

8 comments:

Vanessa Rogers said...

It's true, when you hit rock bottom, there isn't anywhere to go but up right! :)

Temple said...

I was also wondering the other day if the impending total economic wipe-out that we've been bombarded with lately would mean my student loans would vanish...I mean, I'd make a profit on that!

LuAnn said...

It's all good. Some of the happiest people in the world are poor, Even me:-)

Danielle and Mason said...

I'd have an extra $500 a month at least if student loans were wiped out ... one can only hope!!!

Derek said...

Shoot! I thought I had it bad. I take back my last blog. Didnt read it checkout dereks blog. please follow my blog

Jamiee Love said...

Too funny! I am lucky enough to only have a student loan weighing me down, so I have he ability to sink further down to the bottom. Thanks for bringing this sad fact to my attention :P

Tiffany said...

How badass would that be if they wiped out student loans? Present me with facts, please.

PS. I love how Derek found a way to use his comment to pimp his blog. Resourceful!

Brooke said...

I found myself suddenly wishing that I had more credit debt. I mean if they are going to take it at all way for everyone, I might as well get in on the act. I could use a bigger house that I cannot afford!