Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkins!

One of the best things about Halloween is carving pumpkins!!! We do it every year. We used to just buy those pumpkin carving kits and then use whatever patterns we found inside. The last couple of years, though, we surf the internet and look for pumpkin patterns or Mason makes them from images we find.

Here are the ones we made last year ...

(Mason's skull and my mummy)

(Michael's and Sean's faces)


This year I really wanted to carve Medusa, but I couldn't find a pattern I liked on the internet, so Mason found an image of Medusa and then somehow made it into a really sweet pattern!




I think it turned out great.


Mason wanted to do Sarah Palin so he found an image and then played around with it until it would work as a pumpkin pattern.




Pretty good, huh? It really looks like her! Mason was worried that his Sarah Palin image might be too scary for all the little kiddies that come out trick or treating ...


Here's a picture of all of the pumpkins. Sean's pumpkin is the moon thingy and Mason did the Homer Simpson pumpkin since Michael didn't want to carve one this year.


Happy Halloween Freaks!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I still think Sarah Palin looks like bloody prom queen Carrie. SCARY!!

Derek said...

I saw those same pictures on Pumkincarver.com!!! Danielle dont stoop so low you have to lie to all of us, and pretend like you did those:(

LuAnn said...

I love your pumpkins! The Madusa one looks like me in the morning, Very creative, I'm super jealous!

Vanessa Rogers said...

those are impressive!