Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cans Only Jesus

The picture on the left is a barrel with the words CANS ONLY JESUS written on it. The barrel is located in a little strip mall in Athens with stores like Big Lots, Save a Lot, Little Caesars, etc. On one of our many trips to Big Lots, Mason and I saw this and we just had to take a picture. I've been pondering the meaning of it ever since. I just can't figure out what the author meant. I mean, there are so many ways that you can interpret those three words. For instance, it could mean, "Cans only! Jesus!" as in "Quit putting freakin' plastics in here!" Or it could be a message to Jesus Himself, like "Cans only, Jesus" since Jesus will probably be looking for a place to recycle when He comes back to earth. The other possibility is that at one time it actually said "Cans only for Jesus" like maybe if you throw cans in there some church gets the recycling money or something. Sigh. I will probably never know the true meaning behind the Jesus barrel.

If you ever see Jesus walking around looking for a place to throw his cans please let Him know that He has his very own barrel in Southeastern Ohio.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Or it could be "Cans. Only Jesus." Like maybe the collector of cans only accepts cans from Jesus. I wonder what kind of cans Jesus would have to recycle. Soda? Beer? Energy drinks? Kern's Nectar? Yeah...probably Kern's Nectar. In guava.

Danielle and Mason said...

I bet whatever Jesus drinks is healthy and organic.

Tiffany said...

I bet he gets sweet discounts on his healthy and organic drinks too.

The Brittster said...

you guys have too much time on your hands...no offense

The Brittster said...

I bet it used to say 'cans only jesus could love'

'Cans' as in boobies....

Danielle and Mason said...

You are a freak Britty boobs.

Sissytits McGraw said...

The truth is out there, and you will find it in Chauncelot...and I think that it means "can only, jesus people, you fucking assholes stop putting trash and other shit in here that I can't get money for and they get pissed off at the can place when I have a bunch of trash up in here."

Danielle and Mason said...

Hey - Sissy Tits Mcgraw - what's your problem? You seem so angry. Are you the owner of the Jesus barrel?